Have you ever been on a Mission Trip?

Where did you go and did you enjoy it?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Several - Washington D.C., Mali, Benin, Niger

I fell in love with Benin and went three different times. My longest stay was 6 months. I left my heart there.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No I don't believe in forced solicitation under the guise of "charity"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I couldn't resist. 

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• My stepdaughter went to Mexico and helped in a phrmacy after high school. It was an eye-opening experience for a rather sheltered girl to see a side of life she wasn't used to. It also tauht her she didn't want to be a pharmacist after all, so now she's studying to be a teacher and a sign language interpreter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I did. We went to Arizona and New Mexico and worked to build homes on the reservations. The biggest thing I learned was that the Divine can be experienced in ways outside of what Christianity teaches and portrays. They were my first step towards Paganism.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I went to Ukraine in 1999 and Costa Rica in 2000. I also went on several summer trips with Constructors for Christ.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No but one of my cousins did one to Africa. Its good work. Hope the children enjoy this experience.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Yes. We went to West Virginia and Charleston, SC. Groups from my church are always going on trips all over the world, I just haven't felt led to do an overseas trip.

Answer by missanc at 7:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No, but my husbands gpa has traveled the world as. Missionarie.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Our Church is once again desiring to go on a trip. I guess we'll see where the Lord leads. It's exciting.
    The junior aged class is going to take clothing up to the Appalachian families this summer. It will be good for the kids to experience that.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2013