I guess i dont get it. I dont find it to be worth doing.

ok so i thought i would give this ebay selling things a try. I have so much crap that i need to get rid of and dont want to put all the work into having a garage sale.
Anyways i started selling on ebay probably back in october. I sold a couple items here and there. Well latley i dug out a bunch of little things that are easy to ship so i listed a bunch of them. Surprisingly they have all been selling very rapidly.
But since i am "new to selling" or not "an established seller yet" my funds are delayed and i cannot use them until 3 days after delivery is confirmed. So i have been following all of ebays rules and printing labels through ebay for postage, makring as shipped and leaving feedback, etc.
In one section is says that funds for shipping would be made immidiate available up to $15.oo, but i havnt even seen that. And the most expensive shipping package i have done is like $5.50.
It aslo said that once you sell a certain amount of things and a certain dollar amount that it can make funds available sooner.
anyways i think i have come to the conclusing that no more that the little items are bringing and having to pay for postage out of pocket and waiting so long for my money to be available that it really isnt worth it.
Plus i noticed today it said one of my items that i shipped out monday morning was originall available for funds to be released on the 19th. I tracked it today and it said it was "out for delivery" yet the ebay status for funds availability had changed to the 21st. I was like what.
Anyways, just had to get some little irritating things out. Has anyone else had this happen or heard someone else say anything about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

• My brother does really well with Ebay, but I don't know about the delayed funds thing. I know I hate shipping anything to anyone, so I put things in consignment shops. A lot less annoying and I get stuff out of my house and money in my pocket.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I LOVE eBay. I have been buying and selling since 2005. I use Paypal. I only accept Buy It Now and Immediate Payment. Works like a charm.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• My daughter makes a killing selling on Ebay. She uses Paypal. She's never mentioned delay payments.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Wish I had more stuff to sell ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I sell on eBay too. PayPal makes it super easy.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2013