Do you consider everyone who doesn't practice the same religion as you as one unified group?

Is it us vs them, whatever us is for you, or do you recognize that there are thousands of different beliefs which don't agree about everything, in addition to not agreeing with you?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I am one of those people who is constantly reminding others (sadly, family members) that there are numerous different religions and that THEY are making it an "us against them" thing.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Without the recognition of the significance of his death and resurrection, one may think it's shallow.

And then this is where you add all the exceptions for the mentally ill, infant deaths and people in places that have never seen a missionary before?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Jesus gave His life for all of humanity and those are HIS words. Without the recognition of the significance of his death and resurrection, one may think it's shallow. Without the understanding of His great love for you it may seem shallow. I feel God reconciling us to Him through Christ's death is the deepest demonstration of love one can express.

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• So, I too look at it this way. You are either with Jesus or against him.

And that's all that matters to you? It's a very shallow view on humanity. Not a Christian, put em in the evildoer group.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Jesus describes it this way:

Matthew 12:30-32 (NLT)
    30 “Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.

31 “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.

So, I too look at it this way. You are either with Jesus or against him.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• You mean it's all not just black and white? Wha?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I consider those that talk and think alike as part of the CM group-there are those on these posts that present that way-

That explains so much...
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• i did a long time ago. i use to think that all Catholics thought one way and all Pagans thought one way. this section helped me realize how silly i was. it would have to be a very broad belief for their to be kinda unification among groups haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• No, of course not. That's like saying everyone who isn't interested in politics all hold the same positions...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2013