When you go to bed...

...do you make sure that the TV is turned to a channel that is age appropriate for your children before you turn it off just in case they wake up, sneak downstairs, and watch some TV?

We went through a few months back when DD was 3-4 where we would come downstairs in the morning and she would be lying on the floor asleep in the family room with the TV on.

From almost the first night of that, we have made sure the TV is on either Disney or Nick Jr before we turn it off for the night. Recently it's always channel 289..Disney Jr.

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Technology

• My kid would not turn on the Tv without me
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• nope, she knows not to go downstairs with out one of us
    but that is a good idea
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RM-KZ1-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B003ZXGNFA/ref=pd_ybh_12
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I did before DS started school, now I don't think about it since I am up before him
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Uhmmmm....no. It's usually on the sports channel. My dau is almost 6 and can't turn the tv on. If she gets up at night she comes to my room. She doesn't wander around the house, thank God. That would make me a nervous wreck.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• never thought about it- they are teens now though...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• We have to do this too. My 2 year old knows more about technology than me, though.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• No, I leave it on the last channel I watch. I don't watch extremely inappropriate stuff when my kids are here anyway. So, for example, since I watched Top Chef before going to bed, then Bravo was the channel on this AM.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Nope, he knows to go to one of his channels if he wakes up earlier than I do. Usually he just plays the x-box anyway.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• No, but I've never caught him trying to watch TV in the living room. I have caught him turning on the one in his room but it isnt hooked up to cable.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2013