• In the Spotlight:

What do you think has changed the most since you were little?

For me, I remember them big giant cell phones that actually came in a little suit case. I remember actually getting something inside a cracker jack box, not just a little tattoo or sticker that they have now. I remember being able to get a gum from a gum ball machine for a penny. And being able to buy cigarrettes from a vending machine (anywhere). I remember being able to ride in the back of a truck without worrying about getting pulled over. And I'm really not that old! Lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh good god girty dont get me started. i remember when coke was a coke,a ho was a hoe, and when you said your down with that it meant you had the flu. lol theres a song that goes like that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I remember being able to go anywhere on my bicycle without my parents worrying if I would be kidnapped. I remember pulling up to the gas station and someone would pump the gas, clean the windshield and check the oil. I remember when Krystal hamburgers were 20 cents each. Good cartoons were on TV every Saturday morning. Playing outside was all I wanted to do. I didn't have video games or 100's of channels on TV. Times were simple and things were a lot cheaper and you got more for your money.
    Lei67

Answer by Lei67 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I remember riding my bicycle without a helmet and no cable TV, playing sports where there was a winner and loser, fighting at school without going to jail and treating adults with respect.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Hmmm. When I was the age my oldest is now (8 1/2) I was roaming the neighborhood freely, crossing streets, going to the playground on my own, hanging out in the school parking lot with my friends, playing ball in the street. I learned to jump my bike over the bad paving job on our street (they left a huge bump...like a speed bump) and we never wore helmets (then again, neither do my kids right now...it's on our list of things to get this summer). We had no cable, no VCR, no microwave (got the VCR and microwave the next year). We spent all day outside no matter how hot or cold it was because there was nothing else to do. We never wore seatbelts, let alone had car seats. My parents used to leave us alone at home all the time and we would just watch TV and play. I got to hang out at the bar with my mom which was a blast (I got really good at darts). Things were pretty different back then.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh, and also riding in a car with no car seats or boosters.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2009