Anybody have skin like mine? Or just know about skin in general. What face wash should I use?

I'm 23. My skin is pretty acne free. Even the mildest face washes dry my skin to flaking. It's primarily my forehead, just above my eyebrows that flakes, I've tried sensitive, I've tried organic, and moisturizing after does nothing but make my skin feel like there's a layer of grease on top of the flaking. I take one source multivitamins along with an additional biotin caplet, a vitamin e capsule, and a fish/flax/borage oil capsule daily and I drink more than half my body weight in ounces of water. What can I do for my horribly dry face that won't make it dryer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Health

• I have the same problem. This is what I use:

Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• And this clears up the dryness and flaking for you?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• You need mild cleanser, like Cetaphil. Use a mild exfoliator every 2 days or so on that region only. I use a Suave exfoliating body wash. Then, moisturize with cocoa butter or olive oil-based lotion. Palmer's, Aveeno Ultra Calming line of lotions and cleansers, or Suave brand is good. Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer or any oil-free moisturizer with a small percentage of salicylic acid in it is also good. Do not use anything with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use toner. Wash face and moisturize only morning and before you go to sleep. Spot care is the only way to care for combination skin. Give your skin time to adjust to this change. Don't forget to use a warm humidifier to keep moisture in your air.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I think that for skin that is as dry as that I'd be heading to a dermatologist. It will probably save you a fortune in hit-or-miss products in the long run.

Have you considered using a humidifier in your home or at work? It might not cure your problem but I'm sure it will help.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 8:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I agree with hellokittykat... cetaphil is really good and it doesn't make your skin too greasy. My niece has eczema and uses that daily to help with her dry skin.

I use Aveeno for washing my face.  I know it's a body wash, but it's the only thing that will leave my skin from being super dry.  I have the Aveeno lotion to go along with it.

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I am going nuts this winter! I swear the flakes of skin on my back look like snow! But, I got smart! Try using Gold Bond..it is awesome! You know it's good stuff when the manicurist says that my skin feels so soft! I use that only on my body. I use Nivea (in the blue jar), it's thick cream and it truly is amazing stuff on my face. I think I will have no problems ever again if I continue using these products.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Yes, it works great! Makes my skin really smooth! I also use Biore astringent and a Biore moisterizer.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2013