Valentine's Card thoughts !?!?

Hi. My husband's (55 yrs) favorite niece (17 yrs) jsent him a Valentine Card writing to him :
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH; YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO ME.

I was wondering if this is common for Valentine's Day, cause I feel this comment is not appropriate for this age (where she would most likely be in love with a boy her age, or even Justin Bieber or a Twilight Saga Hero !!!)

When my husband saw this card he was in tears, and when I told him "wow, you're in tears", he left the room and haven't seen him since....

Could you please let me know what's going on, cause I just try to understand !!!
Thanks !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• Whats wrong with telling a family member you love them?? You are looking into this WAY to much. I think your husband was very touched and that's why he was crying. maybe they have/had a special bond.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Agreed with Lost. I think you're putting too much into this.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• (where she would most likely be in love with a boy her age, or even Justin Bieber or a Twilight Saga Hero !!!)

She's not falling in love with him. It's a card. You're thinking about this too much. They're family, they love each other, just like you love your family.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Wtf. My uncle before he passed always sent me cards that said how much he loved me. I send my stepdad sweet cards & gifts doesn't mean I'm in love with him or that I want his dick. There's nothing wrong with it, you're a jerk for making fun of him for crying.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• haha funloving. I think it is harmless. Maybe he has been a big part of her life and she is acknowledging that. Ask him.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I agree with the others. Many nieces love their uncles, and teenagers can be dramatic in the way they say things. Go find your husband and tell him you'd like to have a kiss or two to take away the taste of shoe leather in your mouth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I would assume she meant that he was a father figure to her and someone to whom she can look up. I think you over-reacted and probably should have crow for lunch.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Was the sentiment you quoted part of the card or did she write it herself. If it was part of the card then she probably couldn't find another or didn't think about it. If she wrote it, then I would also wonder why her own dad, or grandparent, or both you and your husband, weren't written to like this. It seems inappropriate for a niece to an uncle. But then, if it was the pre-printed sentiment then it doesn't mean anything other than that she is fond of him.

Answer by Bmat at 11:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Call me a BEACHA but... my first thoughts were: She's gonna hit him up for money soon or she got the card at the dollar store & that was the only one left! LOL! I can't help it, I'm a very suspisious person! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I can see where one might get the wrong impression, but I think you are reading it the wrong way. If she's his favorite neice they have a special father/daughter like bond. I'd be touched too if I meant that much to someone. Just curious what did they rest of the card say? Was it one of those raunchy valentine cards or something more appropriate?
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2013