When you travel (by car) with your family, do you tend to overpack?

We went on a trip in December, and most of the stuff we brought we never used!
But, we did bring things that made the trip that much better

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 11:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Travel

• Yes. We just went to Mobile last weekend and most of the stuff I packed for the kids we didn't use. I always pack extra clothes, because having 2 small you never know when they might need a change of clothes.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• No. I'm a very light packer. I bring way more than my dh though. But we usually vacation in houses where we have access to a washer/dryer so I can wash clothes to re wear.

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Yes, I have 4 kids traveling with me. I always prepare for the worst hope for the best lol.
    We're going to Disney in October, I can't even imagine what a mess that's going to be , we rented a condo for a week so ill be taking some groceries plus food for the drive , snacks, drinks etc.. Yeah. Ill end up renting a small pull behind because ill need he pack n play, strollers, some toys for down time at the condo. Beach stuff.. Omg. I don't want to go now lmao
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• And let me add, Disney trip will be 3 extras going with. Our niece and nephew and my mother in law. Fml.. Why did I agree to this ?!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• YES!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Yes! I'm packing for an 8 hour road trip right now. I am attempting to not over pack,but it's going to happen.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• always...its kinda a must with toddlers. i bring more stuff for the baby than for anyone else!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• We went to our hometown about 1200 km in October and then back to our city in November.,
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 12:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• OMG we travel so heavy! My youngest son actually has to bring his own blankets, or he can't sleep. We travel with a laundry hamper to fill up with the dirty laundry. We pack a big cooler for bottled water and snacks, and usually bring cold pizza and subs for the drive. It is a crazy amount of stuff, but makes for an easier trip. We go to California often, which is a 4-5 hour drive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I always over-pack.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2013