When was the last time you went camping or staying in cabins?

We thought we were going to stay in decent cabins for the holidays, the photos on line made it seem like they were going to be pretty much like staying at a hotel...When we actually read the comments about the cabins..well, suffice it to say glad we brought all the things we did because it was about as "rustic" as rustic can be!

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 11:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Travel

• Cabins - 24 years ago. Camping - 27 years ago, but gearing up to go with my kids soon.

Answer by missanc at 11:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• cabin not since elementary and I did a a summer camp thing.

Camping in a tent? Not since I was 17 so almost 8 years. I miss camping I love it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Never been my DH was in the army in his younger years and has been traumatized about the thought of "roughing it" ever since.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I've never been camping but my Parents had a summer home. It was an A-Frame cabin in the woods by a lake. It was beautiful & had all the amenities of a regular home. We would wake up in the morning & watch the deers play outside the windows. We had our own pond that my Dad stocked with fish & a bridge to cross it. I wish we still had it.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I don't think my last time staying in a cabin counts because it looked like this:

It was for a family reunion.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Last summer for tent camping. I've never stayed in a cabin. We love to go camping.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• We camped on our friends' ranch last March. It was COLD at night! It was fun though. Might do some actual camping on our road trip this summer.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Slept in a tent with DH last summer when there were too many people at my mom's house for the weekend when we were visiting. Brother was supposed to stay in tent with his daughter, but she chickened out and I couldn't stand the bickering and complaining so DH and I just took the tent. Worst night sleep ever. It was the weekend of the 4th of July at the lake and the bars were VERY active that night. Sound carries over water pretty well.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Memorial Day weekend. 2011. We got a cabin at Jellystone park near Mammoth Caves and spent the weekend going cave tours, went to the dinosaur museum, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Tent camping—around 1996. Cabins—1986.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2013