What to do about my 5yr olds behavior?

I'm a mother of 3 with 1 on the way. Recently my fiance and I have come to be at our wits ends with my 5yr old daughter. My fiance is the biological father of my youngest and my child on the way. He loves my older daughters very much as if they were his own. He treats them no different from his other kids, and even wants to officially adopt them. They call him daddy (by their own choice nothing forced) and always long to be around him. My oldest daughter (who is 6) has started school and now my youngest is starting to complain about starting herself, but wont be able to till next yr. Her behavior has been very intolerable. She's burned her brothers hand with the iron (went to the closet and got it out while he was napping) ( I was in the shower)., has called the cops on me and sd that I was in the hospital she needs someone to come and get her (again I was in the shower), she doesn't listen , she hits on both her siblings at random times, makes smart comments about not wanting to be here or wanting someone else to be her daddy. My fiance and I are starting to have problems with our relationship. We've tried every discipline we could think of, but it's like she's determined to break us or something. Also I've noticed that she's starting to smell musky after playing and now has to wear deodorant. I" not sure if that' s normal or not, but her doc didn't seem to disturbed. We've tried talking to her and all she says is she doesn't know how to be good or that she wants to go to school too ( she at hm with me and we go over lessons). I'v explained that it's not her time to start school yet , but she still has this bad attitude. She even misbehaved at daycare. Our living situation hasn't been the best of the bet (we're currently staying with family). I'm not sure what to do to get her to do right.

Ladycece

Asked by Ladycece at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have to agree. Do not leave her alone when you take a shower. Taking the iron out and burning your other child is a scary thing. That alone would be cause enough to see a counselor.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Shower at night

Never leave her alone with any child

Get counseling

WTF does a musky smell and deoderant ahve to with anything?

makes comment about wanting a different daddy - why is that? I am sure all kids say they want differnt parents at some point but sounds like this is a common thing for her. You need to make sure you find out why she feels that way.

Paragraphs would be helpful
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Anonymous

• really anon, whose paranoid? We are not hiding, you are!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• @luvmygrandbaby I was wondering if maybe he was developing too early and had maybe a hormone imbalance. I know I did as a child and didn't know if maybe I passed the gene to her and she was maybe having some issues bc of this. As far as the comment about the diff daddy she says she heard it from a family member and she repeated what they were saying. I asked her alone how she feels towards my fiance and she was feeling a little neglected since my son has come into the picture.
    Ladycece

Comment by Ladycece (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Also what does TROLL mean?
    Ladycece

Comment by Ladycece (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• How did you deal with the iron incident? That really would bother me.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• troll is someone who tries to cause problems.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Oh yes because a 5 year old can say, well a family memeber said I want a different daddy and knows to tell she is feeling neglected because of the new baby.

yeah, what did you do about the iron?

yes, a troll would be omeone who cant really do the story thing and make us believe it
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Could she be jealous of the new baby coming? How long have you been with your fiance? She may need a bit of help adjusting to everything, since it sounds like your living situation isn't very stable right now. The county often has low-cost counseling available for children. Start by calling your local health department. Someone there will be able to direct you where to find the appropriate services.

Also, I agree. Even if you have to wait and take a shower when the kids are in bed, it's probably best right now not to leave the five-year-old to her own devices, especially if there's a little brother she could do harm to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2013