What to do about my 5yr olds behavior?

I'm a mother of 3 with 1 on the way. Recently my fiance and I have come to be at our wits ends with my 5yr old daughter. My fiance is the biological father of my youngest and my child on the way. He loves my older daughters very much as if they were his own. He treats them no different from his other kids, and even wants to officially adopt them. They call him daddy (by their own choice nothing forced) and always long to be around him. My oldest daughter (who is 6) has started school and now my youngest is starting to complain about starting herself, but wont be able to till next yr. Her behavior has been very intolerable. She's burned her brothers hand with the iron (went to the closet and got it out while he was napping) ( I was in the shower)., has called the cops on me and sd that I was in the hospital she needs someone to come and get her (again I was in the shower), she doesn't listen , she hits on both her siblings at random times, makes smart comments about not wanting to be here or wanting someone else to be her daddy. My fiance and I are starting to have problems with our relationship. We've tried every discipline we could think of, but it's like she's determined to break us or something. Also I've noticed that she's starting to smell musky after playing and now has to wear deodorant. I" not sure if that' s normal or not, but her doc didn't seem to disturbed. We've tried talking to her and all she says is she doesn't know how to be good or that she wants to go to school too ( she at hm with me and we go over lessons). I'v explained that it's not her time to start school yet , but she still has this bad attitude. She even misbehaved at daycare. Our living situation hasn't been the best of the bet (we're currently staying with family). I'm not sure what to do to get her to do right.

Ladycece

Asked by Ladycece at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You say she goes to daycare now? Alot can come up with daycare. Saying she wants a different Daddy can stem from other kids. My son has a perfectly normal family structure but came home with some good stories based on other kids and asking me if Daddy can get in trouble for spanking or he has to beat me too, all from a perfectly upscale suburban daycare. I would not leave this child alone while you take a shower. First an iron and then what? Every household tragedy starts with I just turned around for a minute...If you really must bring her to the shower with you and get her some tub toys. I would not think hormonal issues are out of the question but I would be consulting an endocronoligist and discussing your family history as general peds tend to brush this kind of thing off. If you sense that there may be a physical connection I would get her with a psychiatrist not just a psychologist who can address physical and emotion.
    Anonymous

• Discipline
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 10:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2014