Did you send in Valentine Cards for the kids in your childs class?

The kindergarten Teacher printed out a list of all the names of the children in class & we cut them out & glued them to envelops. Then the kids have to match the names to the right Valentines Mail bag for each kid. I put in little Cards with a lollipop in each envelope. Then we stamped hearts on the outside & taped on a Valentine themed pencil onto each envelope. What did you send in if you did?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. We bought cards and pencils. The girls had to write the to and from. It took forever. I don't drink liquor, but I needed tequila to get thru it. Lol
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I think it's a shame that so many schools don't let kids have fun holiday parties anymore.... Fortunetly my ds's school still does, so he got Spongebob valentines w/ gummy crabby patties in them, & then we got an extra heart box of chocolates for each of the kids in his class. My oldest is a freshman & they don't do any parties or whatever, but she always likes to give a card to her teachers & close friends for the fun of it... So she got Brave valentine's.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• yep. she picked out Disney princess valentines and a bag of red heart shaped lollipops to attach to them. i wrote her classmates names and she signed some of them herself (only the ones for her "real friends" according to her haha). from the letter her teacher sent home they are spending most of the afternoon doing V-day stuff...which i think is awesome since they're only pre-K kids. i really love my DD's school!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• That sounds nice.
    I didn't send in Valentines. The kids did everything at school. This year instead of exchanging individual Valentines, they each had a list of all the students & spent time writing "affirmations" for each person in the days leading up to today...just something they appreciate, enjoy or admire about that person. Personal memories or observations: "Making carrot bread with you was fun," "You are a really skilled knitter," "I like your ideas for Halloween costumes," "I liked working with you on the bridge project because you always had lots of things for me to glue!" lol
    They copied their affirmations onto stickers (blank address labels) and went around sticking them on the right heart. (Each kid got a big red heart on which the affirmations others had written for them would go.) It was neat looking at what my daughter thought of for each person, and very sweet to read over the comments pasted on her heart/card.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Yes
    My DD had hello kitty and we sent tootsie roll suckers and DS had Avengers and same candy
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• yes, i bought some lenticular cards at the $ store. the teacher asked that the children only fill out the "from" part. i guess it's easier for her to put one for everyone in their backpacks rather than sort out all those cards by name.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Nope... it is not allowed at our school D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I make treat bags every year. 55 of them this year. In each bag this year, there is a little 3D animal card, Fun Dip, a sucker, and two fun size candy bars. I print up a sheet of labels for each kid that just says "Happy Valentine's Day from Jacob!" (or Kyle) and slap them on the cards.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Did the same as you for my preschooler. My DD (5th grade) filled hers out last night and LEFT THEM ON THE KITCHEN TABLE this morning. My oldest (9th grade) doesn't do Valentines, lol.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Not until tomorrow when the party is
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2013