Feels like he's lying

please don't say "maybe he has a surprise planned" because he does not.

this morning he left around 5am as usual. he commutes about an hour and 15 minutes to work. I called him twice at 6:30 - no answer. i texted him and he did not respond for an hour. he said he was at work and his phone was on silent.

he just texted me (9:30 am) that his car is being towed to the shop and that he'll have to make up the time tonight. convenient. on Vday.

here is where it gets weird. he said his car was making noise on the way to work so he had to get it towed and will be late to work. but at 7am when we spoke he said he was at work. when I brought that fact up he said he was on his way to the bank and autozone. that he was doing schoolwork (he's in school online) before work then left to go to the bank etc and that is when the noises started.

i feel like something is very wrong. we have been having a lot of problem lately. him being unsure of our marriage. no affection. now this. I told him my concerns and he said I am letting my mind get the best of me.

i think it feels like he is seeing somebody and is going to see her tonight as well as seeing her this morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• If you think there's something wrong, then there probably is. Even if he's not cheating, you don't trust him. And, relationships can not survive without trust.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Call the shop that he said his car is/was at to see if it was really there. If not......???? :( You have your answer. Then I would go to where he works & wait outside at the time he usually leaves & see if he actually leaves work. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• ASK HIM. We aren't mind readers, sorry.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• i did ask him. he denied it both times that i asked today. this morning he simply pointed out how much he is working and his school responsibilties, commuting etc. he says there is nothing going on.

i asked him again after he told me of the tow-work late b.s. and again he sais no and that my mind was getting the best of me.

so why do i feel so crappy about it? is it because we have been struggling so much lately or does this really just sound suspicious?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• so he's story kept changing?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• no, i believe his car is in the shop. it has been non-stop issues with that car.
    what i'm struggling with is that he said his car was making sounds on the way to work at 9am BUT at 7am when we spoke he said he WAS at work. When we spoke at that time he said his car needed a battery and said if we were going out to dinner tonight it would have to be cheap.
    then when he texted at 9am he said he had to work later because his car was towed and he had to go get a rental and he had to make up the time. SO, if he was AT work at 7am then how did he have car trouble on HIS WAY to work at 9am? that was my question to him...
    he said he had left work to deposit a check and get a car battery but it started making noise and he simply had it towed.

something just feels weird.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• i feel like maybe he was with somebody this morning then when he tried to get to work he started having car trouble and had to get towed. i feel like he didn't answer my call at 6:30am because he was with somebody.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2013