Why am I so unmotivated?

My house is a mess. I look at the mess and I want to clean it but I can't find the motivation to clean it. I love a clean house and I want a clean house, but I just don't do it. Why am I so unmotivated? Procrastination? Laziness? Depression? How can I get myself motivated to clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Watch an episode of "Hoarders"! It always make me go on a total cleaning frenzy! LOL! GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• You've prob. got a case of the winter blah's!! So w/ you on that!! The key is to force yourself to do a little bit at a time. Do the dishes or something small, then go from there. Usually I'll say I'm just gonna get the dishes done, & by the time I'm done, I find myself moving on to the clutter on the counters or picking up the toys in the living room. Actually accomplishing one small thing can be motivation in itself. Otherwise just do one thing & chill for a bit, & then force yourself to do another small task & so on, until it's done. Or do what ILovemyPaulie said & watch hoarders.... you'll be off your tush in no time!!! lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I feel like this in the winter but keep myself motivated to take care of my home just by knowing I do not like a messy home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• makes*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I've resigned myself for the most part to clutter because I can't battle the rest of the family fiercely enough to help me get rid of it. Sometimes I feel like leaving the front door wide open with a "FREE" sign on it and going out for the day, then coming home to a whole lot of nothing left!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2013