How much candy came home from school disguised as valentines?

When DS was in pre-school and kindy, it was usually only 2 or 3 people who had cards attached to candy, or sent in cookies or something homemade. Fast forward to 4th grade, he says everyone except 2 people attached some kind or used the ones that are candy with a to/from printed on the wrapper. Even the teacher used the candy with label kind.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't know yet, its only 1 here. I will find out come 3:30.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Mine did not do valentines as he is "too old" for mass valentines. He did take in some cakeballs we made last night and dipped to share at lunch.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I'll find out in about an hour. I didn't attach candy b/c I knew they were having a party & I brought in snacks for it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• we did tatoos
    ll find out soon though
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• my son (preschool) only had 1 sucker and 1 pack of 'fruit snacks.' HE gave pencils with his and most of the other kids did pencils or stickers or just the plain valentine. My older 2 are still at school so we'll see when they get home but neither one of them attached candy, oldest dd got the cool scratch art valentines and younger dd got some with little bracelets to go with. they both had to take in something for the party though and that's probably where they'll fill up on sweets :P lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• i dunno yet. but when i was handing the teacher the cookies i said id bring one little girl has a huge bag of candy that were supposed to go with her valentines. i attached suckers to DDs valentines cause they came with these stupid rubber bracelets but no way to attach them.

i dont mind the candy...its not like im gonna let her eat it all in one setting or like she eats candy very often. its all in good fun.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Tons for my prek kiddo. No eatable treats for my older ones, the schools banned all purchased and homemade food.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• They aren't allowed to bring candy today. It's not a party day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Guilty! We bought the Starburst Valentines.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• none yeah!!!!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2013