Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Ex and my address

Is there any way I can stop my ex husband from using my address?
He tells the attorney general this is his address or so they say.
But today, I got a delinquent bill addressed to him.
I put return to sender and put it back in the box.
But how or what can I do to stop this?
Can the postal service do anything ?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • Write on every letter return to sender talk to the ppost man and also write on it he does not live here, I am sure they will begin to start questioning him and his real address. Just relax its not that big of a deal if you have nothing to do with the bills.

    Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

  • Tack a note on your mailbox that says, "So and So does not live at this address".
    I had to do that for an old roommate. Post Office should stop delivering.

    Answer by feralxat at 8:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • you can go to the post office and tell them you are getting his mail and he is falsely using your address they can set it up for all his mail to be held and after a certian amount of time it goes back to the person sending as undeliverable

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • You could really screw him over and write "addressee is now deceased" on all envelopes and return them to sender

    Answer by Nimue930 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • Fill out the form at the postoffice and put down his new address.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • Not really. Just keep seding them back. With notes on them. "This person does not live here."

    Answer by louise2 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • i got to know my mailman and he kept other people's mail from coming to my house. i always knew when he was on vacation because that's when we got other people's mail.

    Answer by noel1978 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • sunshine196

    Answer by sunshine196 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • Go to the post office and fill out the form with his new address so they can forward all his mail to him.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

  • Umm, he hasn't paid child support in almost 3 years, I don't have his new address. Last I heard he's no longer even in the state of Texas.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2013