Do you think age matter in relationships?

would you feel right being with someone who is 6 years younger than you and they not even legal to drink alcohol? they say age aint nothing but a number i can understand if you are in your 30's and up you are actually both grown

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• Nope....over 25 and I think it matters less but a someone who isn't even legal would be a little weird to me.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Me and my DH met when we were both in our 20's I was 27 he 24, 3 years different. But we were both over 21.

If I am over 21 and he is not(the 6 years age difference). No I could not do it.

How young is this guy?

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Yeah, I wouldn't date someone that much younger than me if I were in my early 20's. That is a big gap, not just in age but maturity and life course.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I think grammar matters in a conversation.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I dated someone younger than I was once, but I felt we were too far apart in where we were as people. He was still in the "I know everything" stage of young adulthood, and I'd figured out that life was a lot more complicated than I ever thought it could be. Maybe that won't happen for everybody, but I think age was a big factor in why we didn't last. That being said, my ex husband and my current boyfriend are both significantly older than I am, and while I think it has caused some difficulties in my present relationship because I'd like another baby and he'd rather not go there, that issue could be caused by other factors besides age.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I think there is a limit for some and that it varies. My BIL is married to a woman almost twice his age. I find this disturbing but obviously he is happy.

On another note no person under 18 needs to be dating someone who is more than 2-3 years older than them. Partially because of sexual relations and the potential for statutory rape.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• my niece is dating this guy who is 6 years younger than her. to be honest he wasn't publicizing it but he flaunt her around but all of a sudden on valentines day he gave the attention lol my mom dont like him nor my sister. i tried to tell her that shes being used but you can't tell young kids anything. she didnt get anything for valentines day. the only place they can go is movies,bowling alley,restauraunt and more where they are allowed at that age. i just dont wanna see her get hurt
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• People under 25 are very different than the people they are when they are over 25 (and some take a little longer than that). 6 year gap between 34 and 40 is an entirely different thing than a 6 year gap between 21 and 27.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• in my state that still stands and his family wants them to be through. its no love there she just being used. he dont cook for her she cooks for him. i tried to show her the difference between love and fake. they take pictures together but he dont put her out there as a girlfriend like she do him as a boyfriend. if you are 18 and that person is more than 4 years older than you THATS A BIG DIFFERENCE OMG on so many levels. all he talked to me about was a gift.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• I'm 13 years older than hubby, so No.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2013