Were your kids hard to put to bed tonight?

I tried to limit the sugar my daughter had after she got home, but she had plenty during her Valentine parties at school, and she was amped up to the max. It took me almost an hour to get her in bed, but interestingly, right before she went she got hungry and wanted a sandwich, cheese cubes, a tortilla, and a cereal bar. She wanted an orange, too, but we didn't have any.

So were your kids pumped up? And is eating like that a sign of being hyped?

Asked by Ballad at 11:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• ugh- i have a deep sympathy for parents who cant get kids to sleep
    all i hope for is "be quite"
    once i figured that out we were all happier

Answer by feralxat at 12:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• They went to bed easy but didnt fall asleep easy. Had to tell them to settle down a couple times

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Mine are still up!

Answer by staciandababy at 12:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Nope...she went to bed very easily. She didn't have a lot of sugar-y stuff today, but thankfully when she does it doesn't seem to keep her awake like it does some kids.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Eh. He argued about getting 3 extra minutes of his new DVD but after that he went down just fine.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Well at least she ate a healthy meal. I actually had an easy time getting my son to bedtonight maybe it was because I feed him such a hardy meal before he went andthen he kept waking up all night whcih was extremly hard since I have kidney stones... blah.

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• No. My daughter decided to go to bed & asked us to try to keep her brothers quiet because she was wanting to get to sleep early. They weren't all that "quiet" (not too loud, either, but not super-quiet) but she was basically out like a light anyway.
    One of my 4 year olds was hungry and ate a banana just before bed.

Answer by girlwithC at 10:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Mine's up again! Eating an apple this time. Wide awake.

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2013