Does wic give you formula

Does wic give you toodiffrent types of formula at t the same time for example 5of enfamil premium and 4gentleas?

Babyjahnaiya

Asked by Babyjahnaiya at 1:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you qualify for WIC and are not strictly breastfeeding, you will receive 12 cans of formula till 6 months then they cut it down to 8 cans.
    CasseVB

Answer by CasseVB at 12:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2013

• I have not recived that but you can if you get a note from the dr. saying they have acid reflux or spit ups a lot.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• WIC has contracts with one supplier and will give you that brand unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor. The only reason you would get two different kinds would be if you had two children on formula who needed different kinds. They also make it clear that you are not going to get all the formula you need every month. Here in PA they totally changed things and give much less formula, but breastfeeding moms get a lot more food for them while nursing. They have really been promoting breastfeeding at least locally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Yes. It depends on your area what kind you can get but if you have a recommendation for a specific kind from the doctor they will give you that. I had WIC in 2008 in CA and they offered the regular Enfamil but gave me Enfamil Gentlease per my son's pediatrician. I got 9 cans a month and think I bought 2 more large cans each month in addition.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Yes, unless you say that you are exclusively breastfeeding, in which case you get food instead. I think it varies from place to place, though, the kind of formula that is used and how it is distributed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Thanks
    Babyjahnaiya

Comment by Babyjahnaiya (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• The listing I can find for CA is Similac not Enfamil. Call your local office. Be advised, they no longer give the whole month's supply.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2013