IUGR??

Im just curious about IUGR? is it only with twins who are identical & share placentas? or fraternal also? how will i ever know if my twins have that? im 33 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins they do have there own sacs my last sono was at 28 weeks baby A weighed 2lbs 5oz and baby b weighed almost 3lbs dr did not seem concerned at all i evwn told him myself if that was bad and he said no that supposibly twins never weigh the same but im concerned because i hear from other girls that there dr gets very worried about diffrent weights and makes a big o deal out of it? what should i do? dr also said i will not be having any more ultrasounds he dont do them on me often??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• IUGR can happen with singletons too ... It's generally due to poor maternal nutrition or lack of lack of oxygen to the baby.

I think you're confusing IUGR with TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) which only occurs in identical twins with a single, shared monochorionic placenta.

Honestly, given that ultrasound weights are calculated from images and that they are, at best, approximate weights I'm not surprised the doctor isn't really worried about the difference because it isn't very much. It's more important to see that they are developing well.

Please don't worry about it if your doctor isn't worried.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• IUGR can happen in any pregnancy, but your babies seem fine. These are normal weights for this stage of development. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• IUGR can happen in multiples and also single pregnancies, for a number of different reasons. My youngest son was at risk for it because of a genetic condition, so I had weekly level II ultrasounds. They are more accurate than regular ones, but even so, they can't measure your baby exactly. Ultrasounds can be pretty far off in either direction.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I would not worry if your dr. is not worried.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2013

• what PP said
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2013