How do you, as a believer in the God of Abraham, justify God's behavior?

There’s nothing, no matter how heinous, which can’t be excused by the ardent believer. Just cling on to the idea that God is unfathomable, and presto, genocide and killing of innocents become moral and justified, though you can’t explain how. ~trj

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Religious Debate

• OK well this is my opinion and I am sure people will disagree but heres the deal. God didnt do those things his followers did. People have twisted his words for centuries to fit there own demented needs. Not to mention even though it was inspired by god the bible was written and translated by man. Simple as that yes it has flaws and Im sure it has part of their own personal opinions and believes in there. After all man is fallible. However point is I cant justify my gods behavior simple because it was not his behavior that caused that. Though granted the god I believe in is the one that makes sense to me and I may very well be wrong however if I am then I will not be sorry. The god I follow is more like a parent then a god. He is loving kind and forgiving. He is not a vengeful monster who will send majority of people to hell simple because they dont believe while let killers in heaven only because they repent. Not my god
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• The Canaanites were giants, they were descendants of the Nephilim. Now these creatures were not fully human. They were hybrids, being fathered by fallen angels (See Genesis 6). They were the reason for the Flood of Noah. They were nothing but pure evil and desired only to consume (eat) and destroy humans. God destroyed them in the flood and then He had the Hebrews do it again in Canaan. Goliath was one of these beings, as was Og, King of Bashan. They were evil beyond evil and would have destroyed us all had God not destroyed them both times. Some survived and mankind suffered because of it. Soon they will return, then you'll see what I mean. They were hybrids. Some were "created" by DNA manipulation. That is happening now. If anyone is interested let me know. I'll go into more detail for you. With more historical proof. Even in America. They were everywhere. And had to be destroyed or we would not exist as we do now.
    KarensFaith

Answer by KarensFaith at 1:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2013