Any ReFashionistas out there?

I just found this site interesting because I have zero in the craftiness department.  How many of you could redesign thrift store finds?

Clink on the link below to see more recreations.

Alex Before

Alex Before

Alex After!

Alex After!

Asked by RyansMom001 at 7:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Used to when I worked part time. I used to shop thrift stores with the intention of repurposing the clothes.

Answer by aeneva at 8:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I love to thrift shop and often look for things to repurpose. When my youhgest son was little, I bought a bag of full skirts (cotton) for a dollar and made baggy shorts for him. The only other cost was elastic, since I already had the pattern and thread. They were baggy enough that he was able to wear them for at least 2 years.

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• The black t-shirt became the 2nd shirt with trim, the brown dress needed a little jacket, so I cut open a brown t-shirt and added ric rac to match the dress, the blue jacket started out as a mens t-shirt, the green top was too short, and I added the bottom trim and trim on the sleeves, and the garment cover started out as a pillow case, there is a matching laundry bag.

Answer by ohwrite at 9:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• You are talented ohwrite! Good job. That it too cool.

I go to thrift shops, but only have enough talent to clean the items...LOL!

Answer by m-avi at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• wowza! I wish I could get creative like that! My creativity is practically next to nothing...but then again, it does come out when I help my kids figure out designs for their projects (I don't do it for them! I just give suggestions).

Answer by madmueller at 12:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Sometimes I alter doll clothes that were thrift shop finds.

Answer by tasches at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• Nice job Ohwrite!

Comment by RyansMom001 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2013