Why am i having trouble breathing?

I have been to the ER 2 times for it and to the dr and they still can't find anything wrong with me. When I went to the ER they checked both times for blood clots, both times they did a cat scan of my chest, both times they checked my blood, both times they did an EKG and 1 chest x Ray and everything was fine. So the dr put me on meds for acid reflux and meds for anxiety. The acid reflux helps a bit cause I was getting a feeling in my throat like food.being stuck in my throat. That is gone now and I was having a bit of anxiety and that is gone now. But it is getting worse. I am like this ALL day everyday now to were before it was only once in a while. My Dr even did an EKG in his office. I went to a pulmonary dr who said I had asthma but the inhalers weren't helping and my chest was hurting, but so.certainly I been off the inhaler my chest don't hurt anymore they also weren't helping. That Dr said I had emphysema so my Dr sent me to another pulmonary dr for a second opinion and he said my.lungs are fine with.my.lungs I cm live to be a 100 years old. He did two breathing tests and a chest x Ray. Those were fine. I also had a stress test done which was fine and my Dr did more blood work that was fine. But I still have this problem. What else can there be? My symptoms are.shortness of breath all day long sometimes it feels like my throat is.tight. I have no energy what so ever I am always tired my chest sometimes not always feels tight. I can do this sitting but gets worse when I am doing something and trying to sleep at night on my side or back. This started when my youngest now 18 month old was around 5 months or so and it started just at night and once in a while now it is all the time.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Health

• As I've said before, I think it's anxiety. There doesn't appear to be any problem with your pulmonary system at all; they've done every single test there is to do.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• have you gone to an ENT to check your sinuses?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Have you tried breathing into a paper bag like I suggested? I think you're anticipating not being able to breath and are, in fact, hyperventilating.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• You sound like my cousin. She would get so bad she couldn't eat for fear of choking on her food. It's anxiety. You need to see a Dr. who believes you have an anxiety problem. Also, I am going to tell you that counseling or hypnotherapy works as well. Try to find something to help you relax, massages etc.... You have to take care of you and obviously what you are doing is not working. I can almost guarantee you 100% it's anxiety. I, too, have had those issues. Breathing difficulty is a big one for me. I take a Xanax and I am fine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I second that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Anxiety can stay with you without letting up 24 hours 7 days a week? It gets worse when I lay on my back or side I can't breath. It can get worse climbing stairs or cleaning house?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I do have a cyst behind my sinus cavity but the dr said that wouldn't cause shortness of breath
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Maybe you are retaining too much fluid. You may need a water pill. How is your blood Pressure? Maybe request a kidney test. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• They checked my kidneys through blood work. My blood pressure is fine not high at all sometimes it's q little low nut not bad
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• physically if there is nothing wrong with you then it's anxiety. Ive been going through the same problem since i turned 14 and it got worse after i had my kids. You need to take time for yourself and do something you enjoy something that just takes your mind off of everything.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2013