Do you have any anti bullying stories to share

After a “hate list” was written in the girl’s bathroom at Oakview Middle School, four students decided they wanted to do something to make the girls feel good about themselves instead.

The eighth graders went to school almost an hour early and hung posters in every girls’ bathroom and locker room in the Oakland Township school. At a sleepover, the girls made 16 neon colored posters with the words “Take what you need” on top. The poster was set up like a “For sale” sign with tabs across the bottom that girls could rip off. On the tabs were written words such as love, hope, strength, courage, understanding, loyalty and patience.

Middle School in Oakland Township. The four girls made posters to help girls feel better about themselves, having gone to school early last week and hung them up anonymously throughout the building. **The Oakland Press/TIM THOMPSON**Oakview and Abbie Wise, all 13, are pictured with a poster they made at Kohlstedt, Abbey Burk, Courtney GriesserFrom left, Isabella

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• Love reading stories like this. May it become an example to all. Thanks for posting.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• That's the most awesome thing I've heard in a long time. I'm so proud of those girls, even not knowing them. It's people like that we need to send into the future of this world.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• This is awesome!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• That is so cool. I love it when kids o the right thing. I hope I raise my son good to help those who need it and not be a bully and to also go get help when he witnesses bullying going on.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 11:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• They just came in early and watched the reactions. They didn’t want any credit for it. They just wanted to make other people happy and put other people first,” she said. “The best part of it is they did it even when no one was watching.”

Full Story

RyansMom001

Comment by RyansMom001 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2013