Irs proccessing tax return???

How long has it taken from the date you filed till you got your retun? Or if you have been tracking it how longhas it taken to proccess yourreturn?

I prefiled mine ad AFTER I filedthey released the information that th education crdits will not be receved will the 14th. After cecking mine online it says it s recieved on the 30thnd has been proccess since then.So today being the 15th I am hoping to hear something soon besides "it can take up to 21 days" I filed early to be able to pay bills and still am waiting, so I was wondering how long it is takig or REAL people not what the IRS is saying

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 1:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• You can check your status at IRS.gov

We filed ours on February 11th and it says our refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on the 20th.

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We filed Jan 20th. It deposited earlier this week.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• If you file early and electronically then generally speaking a return will take approximately 14 business days. It actually depends on a lot of things but that is the rule of thumb. If you have things that "kick it out" for further inspection, it will take much longe, because it is reveiwed by an individual person who often has to have it reveiwed by a superior. Some are at that point sent back and the filer told there are arrors and to please reveiw and correct. Errors are pointed out.

The closer to April 15th you wait the longer it takes to process and get a return simply because of the number that have to be processed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We had our Federal within 48 hours of them accepting it,State a week later

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We got ours last weekend, after filing 2 weeks ago.

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I filed both federal and state on February 3rd and both state and federal deposited into my account on the 12th and 13th
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Thank you ladies! This helps put my mind at a little ease maybe I will hear something soon. I actually filed the 26th, but since I had my school papers in they did not start them until the 14th. So maybe I will hear something back next week!
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I filed last friday and mine got deposited this friday, so I had a 7 day turn around.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I filed on the 4th and it's still processing with no estimated date yet. :-( It's never taken this long for us.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2013