What exactly am I, an atheist, "missing" about religion?

I mean, specifically what do you know about me and my beliefs, that you can declare that I am indeed "missing it"?
Please do enlighten me if you care to be so bold.
Especially since I was raised in the church.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Which is exactly what I said. You are not missing anything because it is not something you want or choose for yourself.

The is a lot that I don't get. Some is frankly ignorance. I simply can not get excited over the innerworkings of a computer. I know people who do and talk computer as a foriegn language. I do not get it. It is not a condesention to be told that I just don't get it.

I do not Get the obsession with cars either and can barely tell one type from another. They start talking about all the bells and whistles etc. amd my mind shuts off. I can still change the oil on my own car and some "stuff" and used to do it all when cars were easier to work on but even then I did not get it. It isn't a bad thing it is just that you do not see things the way I see them.

If you are asking what you are missing then YOU are the one who is making the value judgement not the person you ask.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• your not missing any thing hun... people who say you are are missing full brain compacity
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Not when YOU ask what you are missing.

I did not tell you that you were missing anything or not getting anything. The question came from you. If I had told you that I am so sorry for you that you just refuse to understand etc. then yes it is condecending, in response to a question where those words are used in the question, no it is not.

The most condescending thing on earth is insisting those who choose no just haven't had it click yet.

So I guess when the non abrahamic based believers make comments like I do not lie to my children, or I thought lieing was one of your sins, or only someone who is uneducated/ idnorant would have a belief they are being condecending as well? Is that OK or will you also call them out? Even when their comments are in a question that is clearly aimed at those who do believe.?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I did not tell you that you were missing anything or not getting anything. The question came from you. If I had told you that I am so sorry for you that you just refuse to understand etc. then yes it is condecending, in response to a question where those words are used in the question, no it is not.

NOT TO be mean but even though you your self may have not said that which i don't know if you have ive been gone a while, I have seen many many on here say that atheists are missing some thing. This question Im sure came more from curiosity about what they would believe OP is missing then the OP thinking she is missing some thing. So this is actually a very valid question
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2013