How bad are they?

I have to get a root canal done in about an hour or so...
never had one. I have a feeling that it's a good thing I went to zumba this morning and got my work-out done instead of waiting for the class tonight
*I just called to make an apt-and they said they would take me today...ugh

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 2:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Health

• You'll probably feel like crap this afternoon, but almost as good as new over the weekend.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• It didn't take me long to bounce back after mine. I was off pain meds by the next day, and didn't have much trouble eating the next day, either.

Good luck!
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• You will be fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• They aren't too bad. For me the worst part was having to hold me mouth open like that for so long. Made my head hurt
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• It may take a day or so to feel back to yourself. With pain control you shouldn't be too uncomfortable. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 2:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Mine they usually take a look at how much work/ time they should schedule and then they set the actual appointment.
    The are not bad. I have heard some say they tak they MP3s and listen to them to mute out some of the other sounds.. I have never done that.
    If you follow their directions usually there are no problems than, obviously, some swelling and discomfort (pain) I will say that I do not feel pain the way others feel so do not get mad if it is more intense. That is just my experiences.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

I had gone in about 6 months ago and they di the xray and whatnot and we were going to go ahead and do it then, but then they told me it was going to cost me close to 400.00 and I didn't have it... so I paid for the xray and left-told them I'd reschedule when I had the money
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Let us know how things are going when you feel better!
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Not in my top things to do but you will be uncomfortable this evening and tomorrow but should be pretty good tomorrow night. One thing I learned is use frozen veggies wrapped in a towel on the outside of your face to help swelling/pain. Feel Better and drink lots of milkshakes :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• They numb you up pretty good, so with a little pain meds for the day or 2 after, you should be good to go. My jaw bothered me from being open for so long, but once that tooth pain is gone, (that is the cause of needing the root canal) you actually feel so much better. GL & let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2013