Anyone use bakery outlets?

I swear I am never getting my bread products else where! I have one off the free way on the way home, I decided to stop by and check it out. For only $9 I got 2 loafs of bread, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, and 3 bags of bagels. They give you an item for free if you spend $10. They are all Saralee products. I am freezing most of it.

Any good small stores near you that you enjoy going to?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I used to when I lived in MN. Man, it was so cheap and there wasn't a thing wrong with it. I did like you do.....took it home and froze it for when we needed it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Yes, all the time.

When Hostess crapped we went to the outlet and got a garbage bag of snacks for a few dollars. They are in the freezer.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I have before but Hostess was our only one! Now they are all gone!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We used to have three, but they are all closed now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We have a Merita outlet, and an Entenmann's outlet near us, but we don't go to either of them very often. The Entenmann's one we just don't think about often and the Merita is super small and they don't often have much of a selection - like they'll have half the store filled with loaves of white sandwich bread. That's not worth driving 8 miles out of my way for. If they had a good selection where I could like you did and get bread, buns, etc., then I'd go more often.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I would but I'm trying my hardest not to eat carbs in the form of grains...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I go to the Entenmann's outlet every once in a while. I don't often buy commercially produced bread products anymore. There is way too much crap in them that doesn't need to be there. I now bake A LOT. DH even ordered me "forms" for English muffins, so now I know I've gone off the deep end.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I used to when I lived by one. It was great. I really wish there was one near where I live now.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• I go when I can find someone driving that way, but the hours aren't convenient and it's not very near where I live. The merchandise is perfectly fine, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• We have a Pepperidge Farm outlet I go to when I am on that side of town.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2013