What happens when you tell your kid they can bring ONE toy to bed.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• sidesplittinglaughterLOL!  Where's SHE supposed to sleep?! Too funny. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Lol, smart girl.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• She has a room full of stuffed toys, so I've kind of given up on the one toy idea. If she does take a toy to bed, it has to be a quiet one, and she'll usually just play with it a little till she dozes off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• LOL, DS has 4 stuffed animals that he always sleeps with no matter where he is. On his bed he has about 15 more. Doesn't bother me, I don't get how he has room to sleep but he loves it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• They bring one, my younger ones aren't allowed toys in their room.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• hey at least you can see most of the bed! my son's bed is about 1/2 covered in stuffed animals, and he doesn't even like 1/2 of them! he just won't give em up... i've already told him when we move and he gets a big boy bed he's only gonna be allowed 2, but i know that will never last... my dd's each have about 3-4 on their beds :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• LOL, I don't have this problem. The only one allowed to be in her room with her is her pony (all her doing). If there is another toy in there when we take her to bed, she will pick it up and throw it out the door into the hallway. She has now allowed her butterfly (we got one of those light up ones), it sings and projects stars onto the ceiling. She kicks the butterfly out of bed once the timer goes out though.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• She fell asleep snuggled on top of the frog. I hear a little bang in the morning and went in to check on her. She had rolled off the frog and bumped her head on the plastic side of the bed. Never woke up. I laughed. She was EXTREMELY happy with her choice.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2013

• Oh wow lol. Maybe you should just tell her one toy that is small and soft that way it does not hurt her while she is sleeping. That is still the cutest thing I have seen!
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 11:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2013