pedialyte

My son is 14 months and has diarrhea for couple of days. He has been acting normal, eating and drinking normal but I just wonder if I should give him pedilayte instead of giving me juice or water.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Abby had a stomache thing when she was 10 or 12 months old. The doc said that pedialyte was ok to give her. Stay away from milk. Too much juice isn't good either-too much sugar. I have personal experience with this. I've had IBS off and on for about 8 years. The BRAT diet is the best-that's bananas, rice, applesauce, and tea. Obviously, you wouldn't give Mikey tea. Saltine crackers are good. Hope he's feeling better soon.
    saco27

Answer by saco27 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yep I would give that a try. It will keep him from getting dehydrated.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• def!
    JerseyMamaa

Answer by JerseyMamaa at 11:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yeah give him pedialyte and my son didnt like the taste of it so I would mix a little with juice so it would trick him to drink it and it works.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I have found that anything with electrolites works pretty good with my 4 boys!
    mandi59901

Answer by mandi59901 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Our pediatrician says just water and milk. Pedialyte, gatorade and juice have sugar in them which make diarrhea worse.

Just water and load him up on carbs and starches...breads, rices, pastas, bananas, crackers, etc....worry about getting him back on a good diet later...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• thanks lady for all your help and i think i'm going to try the pedialyte and see how it works. i read somewhere saying that giving them water and milk can make the diarrhea worse so i don't know why your dr would tell you to do that.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i've been told that propel fitness water is pretty much the same thing as pedialyte, just a lot cheaper. max always gets it when he's got diarrhea and it helps a lot.
    bowiepainter

Answer by bowiepainter at 4:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2009