Do you know anyone who was stuck on that stranded cruise ship? and what type....

of compensation for this disaster trip do you think is fair in return?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I live in the area where it left from, I believe they refunded the cruise, an additional $500 and a discount on a future cruise. Hard to say what I would consider fair compensation. Some say they would cruise again, others say no way they would ever take a cruise again. Everyone is different. So I think the standard shoud be refund the cruise x 2 plus if anyone falls ill and it is related I believe that Carnival should cover that as well. Lots of folks were due back at work and lost pay.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I don't know anyone. I think either a refund or voucher for another cruise is fair if they weren't able to complete their cruise.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I do not know anyone who went on that cruise but if I was on it, and did not get to enjoy any of it, being refunded my money would be enough.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I would be ok with it. Not sure what else they can give to the people. I think some people may sue but it could take years to get thru that so if they could get my money back plus $500 I would be happy with that.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• They should get the full price of the trip back. Plus a little more. Depening on how many extra days it took to get back.

Answer by louise2 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• see I don't think that would be enougjh for me just.... a refund, they are offering that and $500 I believe, that was a very long time in those horrible conditions I'd be soooo beyond pissed
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• true it would take me a while to get over that listening to the ppl & their stories, just brutal we had a nightmare trip to a resort in Acapulco and it brought me back to thinking of the misery & how sick we were also from the resort, nightmare thats all I can say

sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2013