is it ok to feel this way?

my hubby is deployed, and the only thing that he got me was him saying 'happy valentines day' yesterday (his time). I put together a big box full of stuff and sent it to him.

I know that i shouldn't just expect something from him, but the only thing i got today was an email card from my mom. I know he loves me, but i don't know. I just feel. . . .avoided, forgotten, alone, you know?

I made sure our kids had a good day. we made cookies, and decorated them. Then went out back and played in the snow and went sledding. and I know that i should be happy that I made them happy with their day.

I'm mad at myself because its a stupid greeting card day, but its just hard. i need to go to bed. . .lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Right now, he is focusing on his job so much that he is probably unaware as to what day it is. Also their time over there is a bit ahead of ours and that can confuse him as to what day it is also, my DH would be on watch or out to sea and would call me during work or at night thinking I was awake or at home. Plus it's not like he can just jog to the store and get you something, it's a little more complicated. Just hang in there and keep focusing on your munchkins and make sure you both make every day Valentine's day to each other when he comes back.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My dad was deployed when I was 16 (3 1/2 years ago) I spoke to him only very few few times, give him a break! He loves you I know it but he's got it really really rough! My dad always told us that he thought about us constally but he has to worry about his life and the lives around him first! That way he can come home. My dad didn't so I pray for you and your family. God Bless!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Since he is deployed, no I would not get mad at him. He has way too much stuff on his mind right now I am sure. I think that it is great that he called and told you happy valentines day. Depending on where he is it is much easier for you to go shopping and mail stuff off to him than it is for him to send you anything.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 2:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2009