What is something you really need to change about yourself?

I need tougher skin for certain situations, I really do.
Okay - YOU??

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Health

• I have deep desire for change but I'm not trying to do it through "will power" exerted against myself. That kind of change typically is short-lived & comes at a high cost (in terms of backlash, self-sabotage, etc.)
    I recently have been enjoying big shifts related to the issue of motivation. I feel SO MUCH joy & relief at seeing the positive changes & personal initiatives taking shape within, emerging from intrinsic motivation, rather than through coercion or some kind of struggle "against" myself.

A fab Carl Rogers quote:

Change is facilitated, probably maximized, when one is willing to be what he truly is. Indeed it is the person who is denying feelings & reactions who is the person who tends to come for therapy. He has, often for years, been trying to change, but finds himself fixed in behaviors he dislikes. Only as he can become more himself--can be more of what he has rejected in himself--is there any prospect of change.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I really need to lose weight. I also need to be more assertive, and less compliant.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I'm trying hard to lose weight. I'm also trying to be more assertive and more willing to consider my own needs as well as those of others. tend to give and give till I run dry, which doesn't help anybody.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• You need to become more patient and always be the best you can be.you will have children watching and learning from you so we got to grow up quick and do the next right thing.
    fairydust38

Answer by fairydust38 at 6:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I would love to be more motivated to exercise everyday
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I am too lazy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• better eating habits
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I'm lazy & my husband says I shouldn't take some things so personal.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• My weight. I want to be about 50 lb lighter.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• My memory is sooo bad.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 4:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2013