How long did obgyn let you go over due date?

I'm 41wks... wondering how long is too long over?

KKline

Asked by KKline at 2:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I was 4 days over due when My doc ordered a c section. My DD was 10 lbs. Doc was worried she would get stuck
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I'm trying desperately to avoid cs or even induction...
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• For my SIL it was 7 days and than they induced, she ended up needing a c-sec. My DD is 10 now, but it was a week for her too, luckily she came the day before.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Our children are now 43, 40, and 35. I carried them 18, 20, and 21 days past their due dates. All were born healthy, and all slept overnight by the time they were 3 weeks old. My doctor told me that if I had a dozen children, the chances were they would all be born closer to 10 months than 9. He said it simply takes some women longer than it does other. He never worried about me and therefore I never worried about myself. By the way, the youngest weighed 9 pounds 15 1/2 ounces, was born "sunny side up" (face up, rather than face down), and I had nary a stitch. It did take a while for him to make it down the birth canal. This was before the day of ultrasounds and all the other fancy equipment that we have today. It was also before the day of high percentage C-sections!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I was going to be allowed to go over as much as I wanted but they recommended I get induced at 1 week . when I refused they did some test to make sure the cord was ready to handle another week and let me go. After 2 weeks I would have had to sign a 'release from liability form stating I was going against there best judgment' but I had him 10 days late so no problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• 10 days for both, but i went into labor on my own with them. i had scheduled inductions, thank god i didnt need it.
    LaLa_Ivory

Answer by LaLa_Ivory at 8:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• 2 weeks over
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I was induced after 7 days and still needed a c-section because I never went into active labor.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• 10 days over, I would have waited longer but my blood pressure kept going up and the doc's were getting worried about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• It's totally normal as long as baby still looks fine to go to 42 weeks. Some women are just pregnant longer.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2013