Do you have a will?

My DH and I want to set up a will but not sure where to start. Any advice?

Asked by ladybugmamax2 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Yep. We called a local lawyer and he wrote it up for us after getting our information. Very quick and easy...for us at least. And only cost $50 for the both of us.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• We used the Last Will & Testament CD by Adams it at Staples. We have a very simple will. Anything complicated you should really see an attorney. Call around and ask a few what their rates are.

Answer by silverthreads at 9:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yes, we called around and spoke to different lawyers. My DH also had a benefit through work that helped us select a lawyer.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• DH and I don't have one, keep talking about doing it, need to get busy. The first thing you should do is talk over what you have and what you want to do with it, special bequests, etc., if you have kids what arrangements need to be made. Make some sort of list, then make an appointment with an attorney. IDK what it will cost but if you outline a lot of what you want to do first, it will take less time and money to get it done.

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yes we have one. We went to a local lawyer it was quick and easy.

Answer by DJDNY at 9:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yes I have one. But I need to update it. Now the kids are adults.

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• yes. didnt take very long but i guess it depends on how much you have and if you have specific bequests.. we made ours when we only had 1 child.. and its made to split anything between any future children.. id like to update it and actually add in our other two kids by name..

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yes we made up a will as soon as we had kids with a local lawyer through my DH's group legal plan.

Answer by liss05 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• We bought the forms and never did anything, very stupid.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• no

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2013