Gardening challenges?

watching tennisHi! Our landscape contractors are careless with our flowers and plants, but DH says we should keep them cause they don't charge much compared to others. They actually step on my flowers, break the branches, and heavily TRIM my rose trees, I guess they do it so they don't have to pick up the leaves of growing trees & bushes later on. I've posted Paper tags/notes like "Please don't touch flowers", but (1) it looks funny in the neighborhood and (2) they ignore any kind of note or recommendation. I thought of rearranging my entire garden, i.e. divide the garden into FLOWERS AREA vs. GRASS AREA, and get metalic fences and stone decoration, to keep the culprits away. Any recommendations Ladies????

MamaaSutra

Asked by MamaaSutra at 11:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• If I am paying someone to do my yard. And they are messing it up. I would fire them.
    Why not do it your self?

Answer by louise2 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yeah, I agree that they would be let go here. There are so many landscaping companies that you should be able to find one that listens and is reasonable. Might take some research, but it would be worth it. And mention right up front how you want things treated.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Incorporate razor wire into the decorative fences around your flowers. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• What is the point in paying a landscaper? To make your garden look good, right? So why pay for someone to cause damage? It doesn't matter how cheap they are, if they're not getting the job done to your satisfaction then you don't want them. The chances are that a better contractor might cost less in the long run because they might be more efficient and take less time ... And you wouldn't have to waste your time trying to repair the results of their sloppy work.

Check around your neighbourhood and see if anyone can reccomend a good one.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Get rid of them. I had the same problem and I got rid of them.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2013