Obviously you would not choose to eat horse meat but.....

....have you ever eaten anything from a restaurant that you questioned was actually chicken, beef etc. like it was supposed to be? I ate Chinese food once & I ordered chicken & broccoli & I swear that it was NOT chicken. Nor was it any meat I have ever eaten including lamb. I suspect it was cat probably. It was gamy & rubbery. Needless to say I dumped it & never went there for take out ever again. How about you?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Only in chinese food. That is such a cliche, but it was funky!

And actually... horse meat wouldn't igg me out. How is a horse different than a cow?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I don't eat any meat.

Nor will I buy any in a conventional grocery store or market. Factory farmed meat and poultry is just disgusting. And I feel that we will be seeing more and more stories about meat that isn't what it is supposed to be and even more tainted meat recalls.

We only buy direct from a farmer. It helps that we have friends who own a ranch, and slaughter their meat as kosher.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I would never eat horse meat. Being in horse rescue, you know the horses that get sold to slaughter are simply horses that someone just didn't want anymore. They can be foals, pregnant mares, young healthy horses, etc. It is horrendous that it is allowed.
    Not that meat farms are any better. They are just as horrendous.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Not really. Now that I only go to kosher restaurant even less.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I was talking to my grandma, who is nearly 93, about the horsemeat thing. She said that in WWII, beef was in such short supply in this country because of rationing and the needs of the soldiers that horsemeat was actually produced and sold for domestic use. She said she never bought it or cooked it because it looked so bloody and gross, not like the beef we're used to seeing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• My DH had horse on his Pizza in Italy once, the smell made me sick, he said it was vey greasy. He also had donkey ragu, that freaked me out too.

I have never had anything and though it wasn't what it was supposed to be, but I would be skeeved if I had cat or dog
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• ^^^I agree, I would be more upset if I found out it was Dog or Cat! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2013