How do you deal with Christians who won't take NO for an answer?

My husband is Jewish. I'm a former Catholic however I identify myself more Jewish than Catholic much less Christian. Today my husband, daughter and her friend are working on my vehicle when these four Christian women come up trying to sell some Christian magazine. I'm in the window watching (and listening) to it all.

The hubby kept telling her not interested and she kept insisting, "But you can be a better Christian!" The hubby got fed up and snapped at her, "WE'RE JEWISH!" And she said, which mind you made me roar with laughter, "but you can be a better CHRISTIAN!" Annoyed because he's in the middle of trying to fix my vehicle he turns around and tells, "Look, MY people were the ones who were slaves in Egypt, parted the Red Sea, wandered the desert. All your religion has ever done was take credit for it and force people to convert or killed them when they wouldn't! Now if you don't mind you can see we're BUSY so please leave my property."

It's so annoying when you have Christians - no offense to those who are - won't take NO for an answer. Not everyone wants to convert so STOP trying to peddle your religion to those who don't want to hear it!

So how do you deal with Christian who won't take NO for an answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I have never had that happen to me ever. Years ago some would knock on the door and give you something but that has not happened in years.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Threaten to dedicate your next animal sacrifice to her if she keeps talking?
    Seriously though, I always have a ton of snappy comebacks after the fact. Usually they catch me off guard and I end up laughing and saying "Oh boy, do you ever have the wrong house!" The last time, my husband answered the door and told them to go away. Then 30 seconds later, I heard him giggling like a child, when he realized he was wearing his "Don't tell me about your god and I won't tell you about my evil" shirt.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Sounds like a sales person rather than someone trying to convert or recruit new people - if they were selling these things then that's to be expected. Rebuttal rebuttal rebuttal
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I was standing in line to vote one year and these people were talking about church stuff in front of me. One turn around and asked me which church I go to? I told the person I do not go to church. She hands me and card. Saying you can come to mine.. I told her I am not religous. She said you do not have to be. What?!

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• oh that's just a solicitor
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• The motives were probably monetary, not soul-oriented. Still, your husband did fine in my book, although if it were me I might have left out the part about slaves in Egypt and all. But the solicitor asked for what she got.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• haha I love what your hubby did

If they wont take no for an answer I slam the door in their face, or if we're not home I walk away.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• For anyone who wants a SHIRT like my husband's.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I deal with them the same way I deal with anyone who doesn't take no for an answer, ignore them. Walk away. Or like your husband tell them to leave my property. I have a big problem with people who just don't listen...whatever the reason.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I probably would have looked at her and said, "Maybe YOU need to work on being a better Christian!" lol

I tend to be polite until they piss me off. Once they piss me off, I flat out tell them, "Look, you're entitled to your beliefs, as am I. And unless you'd like to stand here and listen to me explain why you should become a pagan and allow me to try to force you to do so, you need to back the hell off." Then I will either tell them to get off my property and shut the door, or walk away if I'm out somewhere.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2013