How do you deal with Christians who won't take NO for an answer?

My husband is Jewish. I'm a former Catholic however I identify myself more Jewish than Catholic much less Christian. Today my husband, daughter and her friend are working on my vehicle when these four Christian women come up trying to sell some Christian magazine. I'm in the window watching (and listening) to it all.

The hubby kept telling her not interested and she kept insisting, "But you can be a better Christian!" The hubby got fed up and snapped at her, "WE'RE JEWISH!" And she said, which mind you made me roar with laughter, "but you can be a better CHRISTIAN!" Annoyed because he's in the middle of trying to fix my vehicle he turns around and tells, "Look, MY people were the ones who were slaves in Egypt, parted the Red Sea, wandered the desert. All your religion has ever done was take credit for it and force people to convert or killed them when they wouldn't! Now if you don't mind you can see we're BUSY so please leave my property."

It's so annoying when you have Christians - no offense to those who are - won't take NO for an answer. Not everyone wants to convert so STOP trying to peddle your religion to those who don't want to hear it!

So how do you deal with Christian who won't take NO for an answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Religious Debate

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Once when my husband was working on our car some guys came and started spouting their religion. He told them he wasn't interested, they continued. He asked them to leave...they continued. He told them he was going to call the police, they said, "We are on the sidewalk and are allowed to say what we wish on the sidewalk'. He stood up and started walking into the house, when they asked what he was doing he said calling the police. They quickly left.

We have also shut the door in countless faces. I stopped my car and helped a young girl that was being harassed by mormon missionaries. Now I just keep a sign on my door that reads "No Religious Soliciting". One cheeky young man actually tried to tell he wasn't soliciting...SLAM!

I start out being nice, but once I am pushed... all bets are off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• PartyGal... I think I am going to print copies of that pic and start handing those out to door knockers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• That's not just Christians, that's any salesperson. I just tell them flat out I'm not interested and then walk away.

Answer by missanc at 3:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• we some times have issues with Jehovah Witnesses I hate to say it but they are the worst I have never had Christans come to my door to preach. I have a sign on my door stating No religious groups, solicitos etc. - but this happened with my DH as well fixing a car out fron it was a real hot summer day they came up in suits two of them and were just standing there trying to discuss Jehovah he told them to please leave loudly.....real annoying,.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Maybe next time be like "Do you want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?" Then just screeeeeeam. That could be entertaining.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• good one partygal I just emailed that to myself!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Your DH was a lot nicer than I would have been!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Happened to me once. These 2 JWs ladies stopped me on a Saturday as I was walking to the synagogue. They started talking to me and I kept telling them that I wasn't interested, that I'm Jewish and I was on my way to Shabbath service. They insisted that I take their pamphlets. I told them can't carry anything during Shabbath. They insisted and even suggested that I take some more to hand out at shul. At that, I was like "are you serious?" and couldn't stop myself from laughing, it was so ridiculous. When I started laughing they kinda got the message and tried one last time and I said "I'm late for service now and as I said I cannot carry anything on Shabbath outside in the street and went my merry way.
    They did give up then, I honestly don't know what I would've done if they had followed me. The security guard at the synagogue wouldn't have allowed them in, but that would've meant a 15-minute walk listening to them, lol.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• When they have knocked at my door (thankfully, not something that happens often around here) I've said "no, thanks, we're Jewish" and close the door. They can preach to my door all they want, lol. I won't open it.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2013