Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen parent drama

I had a question awhile back called pregnancy/lesbian, you guys can search it please read it and help me on giving my son some advice. The young lady popped up at my house on saturday (2/9) asking my son is he going to come sign some birth papers and he told her no, because of the blood test that suppose to be taken, so she gives birth like 5 days ago and her girlfriend been posting pics on facebook , so today she comes over asking for him he wasn't at home and so her grandmother storms my door getting mad asking for my son like she wants to fight him, talking about her granddaughter brought her baby for me to see after her mother told me 2 days ago she don't know me or can trust her baby with me , so i decline to see, so now they're mad, this situation is messy. My son wants to pay child support checks to the mother and if she declines the money, how does he move on to make sure she receives the payments anyway

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • DNA first, then let the courts settle everything later. Stay out of it.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • i agree with pga
    DNA first,easy, not expensive and results in two weeks
    then decide what next step is

    good luck

    Answer by fiatpax at 4:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • i'm trying to stay out of it, but the family is getting mad, because we're not involved . my son and her doesn't talk at all.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • Wouldn't this be your grandchild? why not get involved, this is in my book is a privilege any way it is conceived...

    Answer by older at 5:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • Yep, DNA then send the payments to the court if he is the father. If she refuses the payments he can always set up a bank account for the child and give it to the child at age 18.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • Yep, DNA test first. See if it is actually his. Then go to court. Get the CS documented. And visitation. We knew some one who paid CS before court ordered. She lied and said he never gave her a dime. He had to pay from the time the child was born.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • the girl grandmother yelling that she brought the baby specifically for me to see, but my son hasn't even seen the baby, i didn't understand that

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

  • Make sure this is his child with a DNA test and then go to court.
    Make sure his lawyer knows exactly what he wants and what he is willing to give/provide.
    Does he want to see this child at all or does he simply want to pay the child support but remain completely ourt of the picture.
    Have him try to think of all possible condititions. What is the mothe dies or is abusive? What if her new partner at sometime wants to adopt? You can lay all of this out as a settlement before you go into court, IF the DNA proves to be a match.
    She will probablly have some ideas what she wants.

    Did she tell you BTW what it is she wants by coming to your door?
    You may or mayne have some prandparental rights as well should you want them, depending on your state laws. You would also need a lawyer.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Make sure you get the blood test done and if it comes back that he is the father let him be apart of the child life and pay child support. He is trying to be a good person and in my book doing a good job at it. You just need to be supportive of him./

    Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • ok

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.