What do you really think of those credit card/debit machines?

Even though they are very convenient I like them but it seems like every one of those machines are different some require to do some reading like if you want cash back or credit or debit and some are just easy and your out the door.

Well today I took my ds to go and get a haircut well when I was paying with my debit card some how I missed the part about leaving a tip....and just got charged for the haircut...I told the lady I am sorry but I do not have any cash and I won't be able to give her a tip ( how embarrassing) she said it was fine.

Since we were at a shopping strip I went to Payless and got a pair of some comfortable shoes and thought when I pay for them those little machines will ask me if I want cash back and I would say yes and ask to break my change and walk over to the haircut place and give the hairstylist her tip...I really felt bad for her.

Would you believe that stupid machine does not work that way either you pay credit or debit so I was not able to get cash....arg! That was the purpose for me going into Payless. We just went home but she is still on my mind.

Sorry so long just venting
Thanks for reading

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I prefer to pay with cash most places, and I only use my bank's ATM machines.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• In my experience, it's only at supermarkets where you consistently get asked if you want cash back. I certainly wouldn't expect it in a shoe store; they don't do a lot of cash business.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Next time you get your hair done double the tip. I have only seen cash back offered at the Supermarket.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• You usually just sign the receipt with a tip and they run ur debit as credit. Oh well. Next time.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I pay with credit cards instead of carrying cash, then try to pay off the balance each month. But I never get cash back from the machines.

Can you drop by the mall and give your hairdresser the tip later?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Hey it happens and I am sure the lady understands. She still gets paid for the haircut so no biggie. Take a breather and next time just bring some extra change with you :)
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Many do not have the cash back option.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2013