Would you be mad if you were me?

It is my ten year wedding anniversary today. Valentine's Day, too. I went to a lot of trouble hiding the gift I made...a scrap book of all the best memories of our ten years so far. Our wedding, kids, etc. I also bought a card, bought matching bra and panties, did my nails/toe nails (which wasn't easy to do with this big ol preggo belly.) We went to eat at the only restaurant in town without a 3 hour wait. No biggie. My "DH" did not even get me a card. Nothing. Zip. I don't understand this. Its our anniversary. He didn't act mad at me, and said "Sorry" when I said it made me feel like shit for going to all that trouble when he put no effort into anything for me. What the hell? I wasn't expecting much, since we're saving for our baby on the way, but a freakin card costs less than $10. How would you react to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm . . yes I would be mad if I were you. He should have known. Today, was not only Valentine's Day, but also your anniversary. He must be distracted by something . . . maybe your children? Oh honey, I KNOW you worked hard to paint those toenails . . . sheesh . . you deserve a gift for that alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to say about him, but I know you are a wonderful lady, who loves her man!!! If only he could see . . . men, these confusing mammals!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i'd be upset then remind myself that men don't care nor think about these things and if you want something you must tell him HEY YOU GET ME A PRESENT ON THIS DATE.. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• MEN SUCK!
    Anonymous

• If it were JUST Valentine's Day I wouldn't be so upset. Every year before I've gotten at least a card, usually roses and chocolates, too. But this is our TEN year anniversary. I don't think it should be necessary to tell him to get me a gift.
    Anonymous

• You're right you shouldn't have to tell him to get you a gift, but some men-my DH included- need to be reminded. After 15 years I still have to remind DH of my birthday! I hope he atleast really appreciated what you did for him.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• He said he did. I gave him the scrap book at 12:01am this morning like I told him I would. He even had a chance today to get something when he went to town without me. I just don't get it. Every other anniversary he does something even if its little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yeah, the scrap book was fun, but kinda hard to keep hidden. I demanded that he not look at our bank statement so he wouldn't get a clue to what I was doing. The toe nails...was hard. Not comfortable at all. LOL. BUT he likes red nails, so I did toenails and fingernails. I don't know what the deal is. Its like he completely forgot how much it means to even be celebrating our 10 years together. We got married at 18 and no one thought it would last. Now we have our 3rd child on the way and it really hurt my feelings that he didn't acknowledge our anniversary at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Well, I just asked my husband and he said yeah, you have a right to be mad. Did he think that taking you out to dinner was a gift?
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I guess he did. When I gave him the scrap book, he said it made him feel bad that he didn't have "something like that" to give to me. I didn't think that meant he had nothing to give me. Like I said, he even had time to rush in the store and get something when he went to town without me, but he didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I guess I must be weird. I would have happily taken just the dinner to be honest. I think that is enough, especially if it is just the two of us alone.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2009