Truthfully

is this the only place you have friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2013 in About CafeMom

• It's true, I don't have anyone IRL that I would call a "friend". I always watch the show where they fix your yard, and they say "Get 6 or 7 of your friends to help" and I always think, I don't have even 2 or 3 people I could call. At work they ask for 2 emergency contacts. I put my husband, and I don't have a second. I have a lot of acquaintances, but someone I could call and say, "Hey, I need some help" nope. I think the reason is because I always put others needs before mine, and my whole life up until recently centered on taking care of my kids and my mom. I am the main breadwinner in the family, and weekends are devoted to cleaning the house, grocery shopping and laundry. I didn't have time for friends. As far as CM, I don't know that anyone here considers me their friend. I know there are people here I look forward to "seeing" but I don't know if the feeling is mutual.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yes. So?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Is this the only place you don't have friends?
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it seems that way.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Yeah,pretty much. Unfortunately,it's hard finding friends when you have a special needs kid. People treat you like you have a disease

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• No but my friends are all over and the ones I really care about aren't in this state. I have "mom" friends but it's not the same, I've not connected in any great capacity with ladies here. I mean, I go out with some but it's not like my college friends. I don't have a lot of CM friends but I have fun in answers and some gals have great humor so I check in here a lot when time permits.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• I have several close friends, but since I did the mom thing in my late thirties and most of my friends are older than I am, they aren't at the same place in their lives. I like to come on CM to get my mommy chat fix.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• No, but I have to say I have more online friends then local. It shouldn't matter, I care about all of them local and online just the same. These moms on here have been great and have help me get through a lot of things in my life.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• only social networking site that i am on
    if that is what you mean
    i do not go to facebook much

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2013

• Nope
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2013