• In the Spotlight:

is it normal to have cramping during early pregnancy?

I was happening to experience cramping during the past day or two off and on, and sometimes I had a little bleeding from my cervix, nothing more than spotting. I am really irregular and just found out a week ago that I was pregnant, and I thought I was farther along, but the doctor said maybe two to three weeks, can a pregnancy test determine it that early?

wildemom801

Asked by wildemom801 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the positive test 1 week after conception. I couldnt believe it worked that soon!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Pregnancy tests do work early, but I'd call your doctor about the cramping and spotting. It is normal to feel some stretching/pulling as your body adjusts to the growing child, but call your doc about the cramping/bleeding combo. Good luck (and congratulations).
    lb304

Answer by lb304 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009