Do your kids have polar opposite sleep patterns?

my 6 year old has always been like me and the other women in my family, a very light sleeper, and even now at 6 she doesn't always sleep through the night. she can operate on very few hours of sleep, and rarely sleeps past 7 am.

my youngest, 3, sleeps well during the night, falls asleep easily also, but is also an early riser. when it's just her & me, she'll sleep til 7:30, but rarely ever past that.

my middle one, OTOH, she's 4 and she can sometimes sleep til 9 or later. my other two were up at 7 today and it's 9 now and she just came downstairs, sleeping soundly through the noise of the dog barking, her sisters playing, the tv, etc. she has always been a good sleeper, when she was an infant she'd sleep up to 14 hours sometimes! granted, she is usually the last one to fall asleep at night, but once she's out, she's out.

it's like, why can't they all sleep that late?? lol but even if they did, my 'inner alarm' would still have me up at the ass crack of dawn.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• Got to love being a mom lol. I wake up at 5 every morning because my son usually wakes me up by that time. I get nervous if he doesint.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• My 8 year old sleeps in just because he enjoys sleep so much. At one point recently I was worried about him sleeping too much. I thought there was something wrong with his health and nearly called the pediatrician over it. When he found out I was going to call the doctor, he stopped sleeping so much. At the same time, he will stay up as late as I let him and doesn't want to go to bed, ever. It also takes him a while to fall asleep when he does. He's truly his mother's child.

My other son on the other hand is 11 and will put himself to bed when he's tired. He's the kind of person who can lay his head down and be asleep a minute later.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2013