Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How to get help for my rent in texas?

I am a single mom and I start school in about a month.I recieved a loan,grant and might get scholarships.I am wondring if i can get TANF,food stamp and help for my son's daycare or my rent?any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by rona007 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 4 (33 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • call 211

    Answer by 3libras at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • what 3libras said

    Answer by fiatpax at 12:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • I googled "How to get help for my rent in texas" and got this as the first link.... there is a fill in form that will direct you to the right agency in your county...


    Answer by Crafty26 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Contact those offices and find out

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Contact your local Dept of Social Services

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • I would defintly try it because you dont know unless you go for it. Also go to your church and ask for assistance they are usually willing to help out people who are in need. Good luck and hope everything works out for you!

    Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2013

  • what 3libras said

    Answer by san78 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.