Would you apply for this job?

"We are looking for someone who can work flexible hours and work weekends.
This job requires cleaning, maintenance, good customer service, ETC..."

It states it is a customer service position at a car wash. Just curious if the word maintenance would throw you off or would it bother you to do minor maintenance?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'm thinking it might be better to clarify that as "light maintenance" or "minor maintenance tasks" or something like that.... I have some skill in that department so no, it would not scare me off. I wouldn't apply if i thought it meant a lot of heavy lifting.... does that help??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I would inquire as to their definition of 'minor' maintenance. I don't mind replacing light bulbs, or something like that, but I don't want to be trying to repair plumbing. Everyone's definition of 'minor' might be different.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I could be turned off by the entire thing, flexible hours, weekends, and car wash. I bet it pays minimum wage which I couldn't live off of. If I was a teenage, I would probably do it.
    For it saying maintenance I would be up for it and learn to do what ever they needed. Just means I learn new stuff which I enjoy doing.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2013

• Yes, thanks all.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2013