Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

How can i get out of a bad situation with my boyfriend?

i have been with this guy for 5 years now. The relationship started wonderful and we have 2 children together and i have 2 from a previous relationship. My boyfriend got sick on the job a few months ago so i started working at Taco Bell. Ever since then he has changed for the worse. When i leave to go to work he texts me all the time and gets mad if i dont reply. He also doesnt want me to have any friends at all. I only talk to my mom. He is not abusive but he is extremely jealous and controlling. the last time we broke up he stalked me till i took him back. please help i need any advice good or bad thanks

Answer Question

Asked by sdakon at 12:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2013 in Relationships

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (23)
  • Tell him you need to go to couples counseling or he needs to get the fuck out!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Leave and file a restraining order or seek counseling.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • He is a boy friend. Leave him. it sounds like he is not worth the effert. This time do not go back to him.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • So he's not working? That's the first step. Get him a job ASAP. He needs to occupy his mind. If you want to just leave then do it. Don't stay just out of fear.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • At first I was going to say maybe he is depressed because this only started a couple months ago after he got hurt.  However you also said last time you broke up he stalked you.  This is abusive behavior because it's controlling and scary.  I'd call a women's shelter, they can give you ideas about leaving.  You have children together so it's going to be hard, he has a legal right to see his children.  Contact a shelter they can put you in contact with people who can help you.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • RUN!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Thanks a lot this info really helps. See when we got together i told him i wanted to me a Mortician. (which i am 6 months away from my degree now) He thought that was fine well last week he told me that he didnt want me to work in the feild that its only right that he gets a job and he becomes the bread winner thats great but im 5 years into my degree and he wants me to not be a mortician because he is afraid that i will leave him. But what he dont understand is he is pushing me away i went from 10 friends to just talking to my mom and im not allowed to go see her. He doesnt like her so i havent been there since x-mas. I should of been more clear the controllinng part started a few months ago but he has always been jealous he punched a guy in the face about a year ago because he tried to add me on facebook and i had no idea who the person was he just tried to add me which i didnt accept but he found him and punched him......

    Comment by sdakon (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • While he is not abusive toward you now, he is showing clear signs of being an abuser. He WILL get to the point that he will get physical. For the sake of you and the kids, get out now and get a restraining order.
    Good luck!

    Answer by layh41407 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • Can i get a restraining order without him touching me? And the last time be broke up i had to call the police and in WV the law says that if a person lives with you for an x amount of days then i have to have a court order to kick him out. I own my home and i go to school here so the closest place i can go is an hour away (at my moms which thats the first place he will check). i wont be able to drive here everyday for work and class. then finding a babysitter for my kids while i am doing these things. I just feel so stuck and powerless.

    Comment by sdakon (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

  • I would call a shelter or police and ask what options are available and find a safe place to stay. But you need to get out of this relationship, there's no question about that.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.