Is it healthy....

If a women gains only 12lbs in her pregnancy... by "watching what she eats"?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have watched what I eat my entire pregnancy and I have only gained 9 pounds with only 3 weeks left until my due date. My dr. is pefectily fine with this. I was about 35 pounds overweight to begin with from gaining from my first pregnancy only 14 mos ago. So no, you are ok.
    Jakesmom1107

Answer by Jakesmom1107 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I wish I had only gained that much : [ I gained 80. But I think 20 or 30 lbs is what you should gain.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If she's already overweight yes, it's not unhealthy. As long as she's eating healthy and not dieting, I don't think there would be a problem.

sarah3-CO

Answer by sarah3-CO at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• the amount of weight you should gain varies depending on how much you weighed before you got pregnant. for people of normal weight prepregnancy 20-30 is pretty normal and what is suggested. I was skinny when i got pregnant and only gained 18lbs. it really depends on the person.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you have concerns talk to a prenatal dietician/nutritionist for ideas to gain only needed pregnancy weight.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Hi Im the one who gained 12lbs by watching what i ate & yes I was overweight (By 50lbs) & was fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Meaning I ate "Healthy" Veggies, fruit, on occasion cake etcc.. but no f astfood food I ate spinach like it was going out of style & my baby was 8.2 & never sick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It really does depend on the person and what they were watching themselves eat. :) I could watch myself eat fast food, but that would defeat the purpose, no?
    As of my last appointment I had only gained 6 pounds (I was 29 weeks at the time) and the baby is growing fine. I was overweight and was starting to lose weight before getting pregnant. I haven't been trying to lose weight, but I have been more active chasing a toddler around. It really is a case by case situation. There is no perfect number.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2009