Autism cure?

Do you want there to be a cure for autism? Would you take it (if you have autism)? Would you give it to your child is they have autism? If yes, how far up or down are they on the spectrum?

Personally, I wouldn't take it or give it to my son and we both have autism.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 8:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• IF there were to be a cure to control the over welming input of sensory information that causes these kids to shut down yes. However you also need to take in to concideration the level the autism effects the indavigual and if the "cure" would improve their level of life and function in socity.
    froggies3sons

Answer by froggies3sons at 8:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Of course! Seems like a "no-brainer" to me!
    jenniferm

Answer by jenniferm at 8:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a brother and son with autism and I would do anything for a cure. Life is hard for everyone, autism just makes it more difficult.
    snugglebunney

Answer by snugglebunney at 10:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I understand and appreciate where you are going with this. It is my assumtion that you are saying...that You love and accept yourself where you are and the same with your child. I don't have autism as you do, so you have a very unique perspective. It is very interesting. I would love to talk with you more about it. I have always looked at my son, Noah , as missing half of the picture. He doesn't get all of it. It is like asking a blind man...do you want to see. He has never seen before and does not know what he is missing. A cure is given and you place him in front of a Piccasso for the first time...or he see's his babies smile for the first time. He was fine before...but WOW...his eyes were literally opened. My Noah, is wonderful..but if I could open his eyes to more beauty in the world and to have more understanding...nothing would stop me.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would do anything to find a cure for autism. My son is autistic and I also have an autistic nephew. It is so h ard watching them struggle to accomplish the smallest tasks. I would do anything to take the frustration from them.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• YES
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 9:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I think that autism is caused by all the crazy shots that doctors think they have to give your babies now days.
    Allene29

Answer by Allene29 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2008